Wednesday, November 15, 2006

"Word"

(this was written for a meeting of some poetry group at the local coffee house)

Word.
Word Up?
What is the word? And what does its relative height have to do with what is being said?
Shall I raise my word to you?
Word up.
Greetings above all others.
Words up.
I give you my word on this.
Take my word, please.
Because we have a connection going on here. And this isn’t just about what is said. This is about what is not said.
Above words.
Not just a sentence, but a statement.
And that’s word.
Perhaps David Blaine knows the magic word.
Is this your word?
Word up.
Bird’s the word. Everybody has heard about the bird. Bird is the word.
Bird up.
What is the word that is going on about in your realm at this moment?
I hear your mother is sick.
Word to your mother.
Word. Word up.
Words are cheap, but up is forever.
That’s deep, that’s up.
Are you down with that?
Word up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home