Friday, November 11, 2005

The girls I know..

She’s just a woman. That’s all.
She doesn’t mean anything in fact;

She’s just there, right then, at the moment.
Of course you like her,
and given enough poison, you’re in love.

But don’t forget that she’s just a woman.
She’s just like the hundred you saw earlier,
but she’s here with you, right now.
Clouded judgement rules the night.
And you long ago gave up on "the one".

God I want to be with you tonight,
whoever you are.

Some woman, are just some woman, I don’t care.
What’s important is the feelings we have right now.
Let’s pretend that we’re sober, and get this over with.
Tomorrow is another day.

Forgive me if I hide in my shell,
it’s my natural reaction.
You see, unknowingly you tried to take another woman’s place.
I set you up for failure. And you lose.

So, nice lady, you go ahead and seek out Mr. Goodbar.
I’ll be here, like ususal.
You may be looking for "the one",
I’m just looking for one to last the night.
Tomorrow is creeping up on me,
and I have better things to do now that I think of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home